Jamie C. DeWitt, Ph.D.
Education and Certifications
- Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology
- Postdoctoral Trainee in Immunotoxicology, UNC-CH in cooperation with the National Health & Environmental Effects Research Laboratory at the U.S. EPA
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Environmental Toxicology, Indiana University-Bloomington
- Ph.D. Environmental Science & Neural Science, Indiana University-Bloomington
- B.S. Biology & Environmental Science, Michigan State University
Overview of the DeWitt Lab
Our research program explores relationships between biological organisms and their responses after exposure to environmental contaminants. We are interested in how early life exposure to a variety of agents may impact the immune, nervous, and endocrine systems, resulting in altered development that may present as disease or disorder in childhood or later in life as well responses of adult organisms following exposure to environmental contaminants. We focus much of our attention on emerging environmental contaminants, especially compounds known as per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs). Please visit our lab-specific web page for more detailed information about our research program.